Everybody’s childhood crush Hermione Granger aka Emma Watson recently turned 25. She portrayed Hermoine’s character flawlessly and the critics believe no one could have been better for this one on screen. But, she is just not Hermione. She is a lot more than that!
1. Her full name is Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson.
2. Her parents divorced when Watson was 5, and she moved back to Oxfordshire in England with her mother and brother.
3. Emma has a younger brother Alexander, a half brother from her biological father that is named Toby, and half twin sisters also from her father that is called Nina and Lucy.
4. At the age of 12, she had a crush on her Harry Potter co-star Tom Felton, who plays Draco Malfoy.
5. Watson attended the Stagecoach Theater Arts School at Oxford. She studied singing, acting, and dancing, and performed in school plays.
6. She also dances in several different styles, like break dancing and modern, and likes to take art classes.
7. Emma was on her school’s dance and field hockey team. Two different teams. Not a dancing field hockey team.
8. She claims that her favorite way to relax is to sit down with a book and read for fun.
9. Watson had never acted professionally when her theater teachers suggested her to agents looking to cast an upcoming movie based on the first novel of the best-selling Harry Potter series.
10. At the age of 15, she was the youngest person ever to grace the cover of Teen Vogue, beating out all those sassy 16-year-olds.
11. Watson decided to study English literature at an American university instead of a British one because she claimed American universities allowed students more freedom to study whatever they wanted and design their own majors.
12. She auditioned eight times for the role of Hermoine Granger which catapulted her to international fame.
13. Her first movie grossed more than $974 million worldwide.
14. For the next decade, she was busy filming the Harry Potter series.
15. Watson is a certified yoga and meditation instructor which she says helps her find a balance between being a world-famous celebrity and a regular muggle. Because yoga is magic.
16. After being appointed a United Nations Women Goodwill Ambassador, Watson gave a speech at the UN to rapturous applause, urging men to be more sensitive by saying, “If men don’t have to be aggressive in order to be accepted, women won’t feel compelled to be submissive.”